Seems like this season brings more stresses and concerns. "How will I get it all done. Oh, there's another gathering I should go to. Where can I find that certain gift?" These are a few of the questions we ask ourselves. I deal with the process a lot better than I used to. I suspect part of that is due to having learned what is expected. But, it still overwhelms me from time to time. The additional, non-routine, activities and processes all tend to agrivate a peaceful state of mind.
I've learned to recognise some of the states my mind gets into. I now know when I'm starting into a depression cycle. I can see the signs of an anger state when I feel angry with almost everyone. Even knowing what the indicators are, I don't seem to be able to change the feelings. When I know I'm thinking thoughts that lead to depression, it would be logical to change the direction. To think other thoughts. It isn't that simple. Just being aware of the emotions helps a little, but they are still there. It is frustrating to have my mind in control instead of me being in control of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment