Monday, October 24, 2011

Better Days

On Sunday's ride I encountered runners and bicyclists.  I greeted folks with, "Nice day to be outside."  I suppose it could have been my words that evoked the positive responses, but I think it was their genuine feeling.  Everyone responded that it was a good day to be outside.  Most of them went beyond that comment to say it was a very good day, or a great day to be outside. 

This time of year, with days getting shorter, and temperatures cooling, we hang onto the sunshine filled days.  It is as if the sunshine is more valuable now than it was even a few weeks ago.  The clouds and coolness we have seen hint that the sunshine of Fall will soon be replaced by the days of winter.  Knowing that the supply is limited makes the  value higher.  It works with economics and warm, sunshiny, days.

These Fall days, with sunshine and just a little cooler temperatures, are better days.  They are better than the days to come.  I'm going to focus on finding something better about each day that comes.  In some way it will be better than the days following it.  Today is a good day to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment