Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Talent Show Song

Toward the end of a tour there is often a chance for a talent show.  Our tour leader encouraged folks to begin to think about one and prepare a short talent presentation.  While riding along, I sang a song, and rhymed some words that would be heard.


Bicycle Touring
By Kent Beisner - 2012
Chorus: Riding my bicycle, touring by bicycle:
Worms hang from my down tube,
Rain drips from my nose.
Nothing seems to matter,
As long as my bike goes.
Chorus: Riding my bicycle, touring by bicycle:
I often become odorous,
Yet sights seen are so wondrous.
Smells saturate my senses,
I'm glad for trees like fences.
Chorus: Riding my bicycle, touring by bicycle:
Sounds surround my hearing,
I search for the right gearing.
With speeds I ride to get there, 
I see more than my share.
Chorus: Riding my bicycle, touring by bicycle:
Eating ice cream, nuts, and protein;
And still I seem to stay lean.
To camp in time for dinner,
I will be a winner.
Riding my bicycle, wondering what's around the next bends,
Will lure me until my life's tour ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment