I enjoy staffing Adventure Cycling Association tours because the folks I am around understand what I tell stories about. They listen and then share their stories. It is apparent to me that we like to share, perhaps even need to share, our life stories. Could it be that our stories help us to feel that we are worth something? The recognition we receive for our story telling is a validation of what we did to make the story possible. My stories also help me remember positives in my life, and what I enjoyed.
I saw trees leaning toward the road. This was not just a one time event. It was a condition almost everywhere the road went and trees lined it. I suspect the light is more available toward the road. The canopy of the forest limits the light in the other direction. Positive photo tropism is the phrase I remember being associated with this condition. I wonder what light we lean toward? What competitions cause us to go or grow a different direction?
I recently met a female pastor who was enabling women as one of her ministries. In our discussions we agreed that we first need to understand the differences between men and women. Then, we ought to celebrate the differences. How wonderfully we are made. I have seen, and I believe it is true that, as it is written in the Bible, "...the two shall be as one..." There is something that can happen, between a man and a woman, that makes them "one." Yes, there are still two individuals, each with their own talents and thoughts. Additionally, there is a process, over time, that yields a oneness between these two.
No comments:
Post a Comment